Monday, June 10, 2013

Voice Level Chart & Fonts- Manic Monday & Monday Made It

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday


I'm linking up with Charity from Classroom Freebies for their Manic Monday freebie and with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics. It always seems that I create something last minute for this. 
This week I've re-done my voice level chart. This is what it looked like this year. Sorry this isn't a great picture.

I wanted it to match my polka dot decor. So I created a new one with a polka dot background {click the picture to grab yours from Google docs}

Then I decided to make one with a striped background, for those of you who prefer stripes. {Click the picture to grab your copy from Google Docs}

And one more for the chevron lovers. {Click the picture to grab your copy from Google Docs}

On my old chart I liked the descriptions of what each level meant, how their voice should sound, and in the first few days of school we practiced this. On my new chart, I like the visual aspect of a graphic so my littles can look at the number & picture & know how their voice should sound depending on the situation they are in. 

I've also included a mini version of 0, 1, 2, & 3; I plan to put those at my centers, so my littles have a reminder directly in front of them of how their voice should sound.

And looking at my pictures above, when I actually print & laminate these, & go to put them up I'll most likely put 0 at the bottom & 4 at the top, to indicate that 0 is low and quiet & 4 is at the top and loud. Sorry I wasn't even thinking about that when I made the above pics.

And here's one more freebie I made for you. 5 new fonts that I just created this weekend. I downloaded iFont for my iPad...it's one of my new obsessions. Click here to check out my post from Saturday & grab my free fonts.


8 comments:

  1. I found you through Monday Made It. I like the descriptions you have with each noise level. Very easy to understand! Thanks for sharing.

    - Pam
    Moments to Teach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your charts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I snagged the polka dot version (of course!). We have the same levels on the back of our name badges so it matches perfectly.
    Sara
    Polka Dot Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! I wanted to remake my talking chart this summer but thanks to you I can cross that one off the list!
    ~Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking at the iFont app myself and am impressed with the fonts you've created. So fun!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly....I clicked on you because there was "Polka Dot" in the name! I love me some polka dots! I'm so glad I did, your voice level charts are awesome! I don't have anything like this and I think it will be a great edition to my behavior management! Thank you for sharing, and I am your newest follower!
    learningwithmrslangley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I searched the web for about an hour trying to find a voice level chart I can use with my 8th graders. Many were too childish, and I didn't like how many charts described the voice levels (ex., level 5 "out of control" - I thought this would egg on some students to try it in my classroom!). I can't thank you enough for sharing your creativity and allowing other teachers to use your ideas without charge. Your voice level charts are absolutely perfect and I will hang them proudly in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!! And will respond to each one by e-mail, make sure that you have that option enabled. If it's set to noreply-comment, then I can't respond to your sweet comment. Check your settings today so you can receive my comment back. Thanks for the love!