Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sunny Summer Days Linky...What I've been up to

I'm linking up today with the sweet ladies, Caitlin and Carrie, from Table Talk with C&C, for their summer linky, Sunny Summer Days, where you can let us know what you're doing this summer. Unfortunately, here in NJ it hasn't been so sunny. I'm tired of the rain.



Here are some things that I've been working on, doing, etc. so far (even though I'm not on summer break for another 5 days :( ) 

1.) I have been DRA testing for the last 2 weeks. I have a class of 2nd graders & a class of 4th graders to test by Thursday. Luckily I'm done 2nd grade & I'm half way through 4th grade. Yay me! The joys of being a basic skills teacher in my district, we get this job, at least for this year. 

2.) I am working on my final gift for my Secret Pal at work. We are having our Secret Pal reveal party Monday morning. So excited to find out who my secret pal is, they rock. I unfortunately haven't been as good of a pal as I'd like to have been. Stay tuned to see the finished work. I'll most likely end up posting the finished product on Monday Made It next week. 

3.) This is an ongoing summer project. I created addition and subtraction flashcards for facts to 20 & I am working on cutting them all out & attaching the non-answer side & answer side to each other with double sided tape, so I can laminate them. This picture is just the subtraction facts pile, the addition one is in my room. If you're in need of some flashcards check them out in my Tpt store; I have addition, subtraction, & a bundle of both.

4.) These 2 books are on my summer read list. I've been reading the Nicholas Spark's book for like a month. My sweet Secret Pal gave it to me, I don't usually read books like this, but so far it's good; however, I'm reading at a snail's pace, which is unusual for me, because I have this new addiction....BLOGGING! I feel like I spend all my time on the computer, creating & stalking, and before I know it, I'm like whoops I need to go to bed.

5.) I created my very first fonts this week. Check them out in my blog post here. So excited for this, another addiction obsession to add to the list.

6.) I freshened up my Voice Level chart. Grab your polka-dot, striped, and/or chevron styled freebie from my Manic Monday post.

7.) Last one...I'm getting ready for a demo lesson & in-person interview with the charter school that I had a phone interview with last week. I'd love to have good news for those of you that have been following this saga & sending positive thoughts & prayers my way, for Five for Friday, if not this week then hopefully next week.

Remember to link up with Table Talk with C&C for there on-going summer linky. Let us know what you're up to. You know we're all avid blog-stalkers & nosey interested in what your up to. Haha! :) 

8.) One last & final thing, so excited that HGTV's Design Star is back on. I'm currently watching Sunday's episode on On-Demand now. Yay!!!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up with us today Stephanie!! Your summer is almost here! Hang in there! It's nice to see that other districts (even all the way in NY) are also using the DRA2 to assess student's reading levels! Yay! :) Also, very cool that you created your own fonts!! I was definitely thinking about doing that! What are your thoughts so far about it?!

    -Caitlin
    Table Talk with C & C

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!! And will respond to each one by e-mail, make sure that you have that option enabled. If it's set to noreply-comment, then I can't respond to your sweet comment. Check your settings today so you can receive my comment back. Thanks for the love!