Saturday, June 15, 2013

Ten Pink Linky - Classroom Decor

Today I'm linking up with Ashley from Just Reed for her Ten Pink Linky. So many fabulous linky's this summer, it's so hard to keep up with them. :) But Ashley's is easy link up with your 10 favorite pinterest pins related to a given topic.  This week's topic is Classroom Decor! Make sure to leave a link back to YOUR Pinterest page so we can follow you.


1.) There are so many things I love about this room. It's bright & colorful & has polka-dots, Oh yeah!!!, but I love the objectives section that is taped off on the white board. The objectives are front & center & there's no missing them.


2.) Again I love this room. But for totally different reasons than the room above. The colors in this room are muted and soft and subdued. I love it, it's so mature. But check out the background on the computers. They are her chevron theme. I had a total "duh" moment the first time I saw this. Like "duh" digital paper as your background. I definitely want to do this in my classroom, if there are computers like this, but of course with polka dots.


3.) For a polka dot themed room, what is an easier way to make polka dots than to use paper plates, especially right now polka dots seem to be in. I've seen a lot of polka dot themed decorations at the dollar store this season.


4.) Such an easy way to see whose in the room and whose not and where they are. And what does this adorable kid tracker have....polka dots!!!


5.) Love this idea of having all the kids with a birthday in that month get in a picture together & hold up the date of their birthday. Super cute & adds more of a personal touch to the classroom.



6.) Using the back of a bookshelf to store center work or early finisher activities. This is great especially when space is at a premium in a small classroom or an overcrowded one.


7.) How cute is this Share Chair!?!


8.) Ever since I had my son my pregnancy brain seems to have not gone away, so having a place in the classroom for reminders, is a MUST. Just in case the kiddos forget to remind me.


9.) A great repurpose of binder clips & a great way to display a sign at a center that doesn't have a wall near it or at a group table.


10.) No need to track down kiddos who you think might not have put their name on their paper. Just attach to this wonderful sign. Love, love, love!

I have a little over 2500 pins on my Pinterest page, so I'm probably missing some great ideas. Check out me Pinterest page to see all of my pins.

Remember to link up with Ashley with your classroom decor pins and look for a new topic next week.

5 comments:

  1. You found some really cute pins Stephanie. I love the Birthday Board too. I am always so sad each year because so many of my kiddos do not know their birthdays.

    I love your polka dot blog...I have lots of polka dots in my room. =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit when you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog! I love the owls in your header!! The folders on the back of a bookshelf is a great idea. Such a good way to utilize space!

    Danielle
    Carolina Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through Ashley's linky and I am SO glad I did. I love how bright and fun your blog design is. The share chair is so bright and fun. The kids would love it. :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful ideas you have pinned! I just stumbled upon your blog today and am a new follower. So glad to find you...

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so wish I could have all the elements of everything I see on Pinterest in my classroom! I love your pins :)
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!! And will respond to each one by e-mail, make sure that you have that option enabled. If it's set to noreply-comment, then I can't respond to your sweet comment. Check your settings today so you can receive my comment back. Thanks for the love!