Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thursday Raves & A Few of my Favorite Things - 2 LINKY Parties

To avoid the blogging faux pas of posting multiple times in one day, I have to piggy back my posts into one post. On Thursday's I host my Thursday Raves Linky (which is still fledgling), but I also wanted to link up with Across the Hall in 2nd Grade for These are a few of my Favorite things summer linky. So first I will post about my "Morning Must Haves" for this weeks favorites, then keep on scrolling for my Thursday Raves and I hope you'll link up with me and with Across the Hall in 2nd Grade.


This weeks topic is Morning Must Haves and here are 3 of mine:
  1. The morning news & it HAS to be Action News. I don't usually sit down & watch it, but I like to listen to it while I'm getting ready. 
  2. Chocolate milk....I know, I know, I know. The drink of 5 year olds everywhere. My love of chocolate milk I think is hereditary, because my dad loves it too & now my son does. I don't like "hot" drinks, like coffee or tea (neither does my dad...are you starting to see a trend?) 
  3. The snooze button. Having an alarm clock without that button is NOT an option. If I don't hit the snooze & just turn the alarm off, guess who is getting to work late? This girl!!! But I also have a really hard time getting out of bed the first time the alarm goes off, so I need the snooze, but then I usually hit it at least twice. It's an evil luxury.

Can't wait to see what your morning must haves are.

 Now for this Thursday's RAVE...

This week I'm raving about the program Evernote. (I am in no way affiliated with them, this rave is based on my personal experience) I actually found out about this from a fellow blogging buddy, but I'm sorry I can't remember who it was right now. If it was you please let me know & I'll give you credit for it. 

Are you like me with lists everywhere? I started keeping a little notebook in my purse this year to write down the things I needed to do, then I would go home and write a grocery list, then I would jot down a quick list at school of supplies/materials I needed. And what did I always end up doing with those lists? FORGETTING THEM! It never failed...if I was going to the grocery store I forgot the list. Or I would get to school the next day, walk into to my room, & go "Oh bumpers!" (sorry a line from Chuggington, my son is obsessed with trains) because I just remembered that I needed to create something the night before or grab something from home for a lesson. If this sounds like you, have no fear the solution is here!
EVERNOTE

It's a free program, unless you choose to upgrade to the premium subscription, that you download onto your computer, your phone, and/or iPad. The beautiful part your list(s) are always with you no matter where you go. If your like me & many others in this age of technology, your phone is always with you, so having the app on my phone is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

Here's the screen shot from my phone.

And here's the screen shot from my computer.

No matter what device you use, the information you entered syncs up with all of your other devices. For instance if you make a list on your computer, you can hit the sync button yourself or it will automatically sync after a certain amount of time (sorry I forget what that is right now, because I just hit the sync button after I update/create something), then when you open the app on your phone, voila, there's your list. 

You can even take a picture of something & add that to your list or a reminder. I don't know if you can see it that well, but in the picture of the screen shot from my phone. There's a picture on my Tpt create list. I found an organizer that I hastily threw together in my room & wanted to make a more polished version of it, so I took a picture of it, then uploaded it to my Evernote list as a reminder of the general look.

Evernote has changed my life, I love it and am so glad I heard about it. Make sure to check out it for yourself and to help get your organization on.

I can't wait to see what you have to rave about. Link up below.




 Loading InLinkz ...



8 comments:

  1. I am list-er too! I will need to add checking it out to my list! One of my best friends is always raving about it! Don't feel bad about the chocolate milk - hot chocolate is on my list! And whenever I order it at Starbucks, they make me feel like a 5 year old! Not all adults like coffee, Mr. Barista! Haha

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up and playing along! I definitely need a Snooze button in the morning, it's a bad addiction!

    Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie,
    I found you through the link up...
    I haven't used really used Evernote in a couple of years. I've been using Dropbox, even though I know they're pretty different. I should probably give it another shot because I've seen a few other raves about it.

    Thanks
    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about your chocolate milk, Stephanie. I was the same way for many years...then I started adding a little bit of coffee to mine. Now the "coffee drink" (one of my morning must-haves) has more coffee than milk! :-)

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the snooze button. I hit that thing 3 times. I can't get up without doing that haha
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must admit snoozing is a must in the morning! I like chocolate milk..just like not love, but my favorite chocolate milk is...I can't even remember the name..lol. I just pick it up and go...lol. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this app! Can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!

    Also, Carrie and I are hosting a "Sunny Summer Days" linky and would love for you to join us in sharing what you have been up to each week this summer!

    Sunny Summer Days Linky

    -Caitlin
    Table Talk with C & C

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!! And will respond to each one by e-mail, make sure that you have that option enabled. If it's set to noreply-comment, then I can't respond to your sweet comment. Check your settings today so you can receive my comment back. Thanks for the love!