Friday, June 7, 2013

Five for Friday {6/7/13}

It's that time of week. It's Five for Friday for with Doodle Bugs Teaching.

My cousin's bridal shower was on Sunday, I'm one of her bridesmaids. That is 1 of 10 bridesmaids. Yes, you read that correctly. 10. I think she's insane with that big of a bridal party, I had 2; but it's what makes her happy and I'm happy to be there for her.

Me on the left, Bride in the middle, our youngest cousin (also a bridesmaid) on the right. 

This is my little guy getting to "drive" a BIG truck. He's obsessed with anything with wheels basically. Trucks, cars, trains, bikes, etc. My dad has his own flower wholesale business and we had stopped by and when we pulled in the driveway there was a tractor trailer sitting there. My dad's business was having a supply order delivered and he has a pretty good relationship with the driver and he didn't mind that my little guy sit in the truck. He was so excited, he kept leaning out the window & saying "cheese" because my step-mom & I were standing there taking pictures. He's such a ham!!!

My hubby, our little guy, & I were out to dinner yesterday at Friendly's and my little guy is only 2, so after eating all of his mac-n-cheese, I knew there was no way he was going to eat the ice cream too, so mommy helped. I got him the Cone Head sundae. Does anyone remember when this was the only option for ice cream for kids? When I was a kid this was it! We didn't have like 6 choices. Kids don't realize how lucky they are with all of these choices....haha! :)
P.S. My little guy helped me eat at least 1/2 of this ice cream, I guess he wasn't too full after eating his mac-n-cheese.

So I got my rejection letter for the interview that I had last week. But it's okay, I knew I didn't do well at the interview (or should I say speed dating interviewing - sorry there's no other way to best describe it). But I did have a phone interview this week with a charter school, that a friend of mine happens to work at. I'll find out next week if I move on to the next round, which is an in-person interview & demo lesson. When I told my friend that I'd had the phone interview, she told me that she had actually just been asked to be on the interview committee. So I'm hoping/praying this one works out. I could use all the prays and positive thoughts I can get for this one. I really like what I've heard about the school so far, it really seems like it could be a good fit for my teaching style. I'll keep you posted on what happens.

There are 7 days of school left and 5 of them are 1/2 days. Wahoo!!!


Remember to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching and tell us about your 5 random things from this week. 

Happy Weekend!!!


7 comments:

  1. This blog is so cute!
    Sorry about the rejection letter but hey - you're already on to something new and maybe even better than the first one?
    Good luck!
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I goofed on a video interview recently. It really bites! You're a FANTABULOUS Teacher TOO!!!

    24/7 Teacher: Amy Harrod

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad used to travel to Boston and every time we went out there-Friendly's was a must! I will say although those things look big (I would often take pictures too because their ice cream is just so delicious!) they went done very easy...I would get my own and still find a way to finish it all!! Yum! Too bad we don't have Friendly's out in Chicago! Good luck with the interviews. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!

    PS I am your newest follower!
    Amanda
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about the letter. Another door has opened. Your sweet little boy is a great positive in your life! Love the truck picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stephanie,

    I popped over to visit you from the linky and am your newest follower.

    Good luck with your interview! Such a stressful and anxious time, but when you are working at the school that is perfect for you you will look back and know that it was all worth it!

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog - I have been following for a while - happy brides-maiding, but seriously 10!
    Paula
    Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little guy is so cute in that BIG truck! It reminds me of my little guy who loves anything with wheels too (he's three). Sending positive thoughts your way for the Charter School interview! :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!! And will respond to each one by e-mail, make sure that you have that option enabled. If it's set to noreply-comment, then I can't respond to your sweet comment. Check your settings today so you can receive my comment back. Thanks for the love!