Friday, June 21, 2013

Five for Friday...It's Summer (6/21)

I never thought this day would get here. It's finally FRIDAY!!! And I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday

School is finally out!!! My last day was Tuesday. Here's a shot of my room...the before was last Friday & the after was Tuesday & by the time I walked out of the room, the computer was in the closet & any supplies on my desk/table & my rolling cart were in my car. 

I am loving Ashley at Just Reed's Ten Pinky weekly summer linky. Last weeks theme was classroom decor & this week classroom management. I love all the ideas that I find on Pinterest & wonder what I did before Pinterest, so for me this linky is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G because I am finding so many more great ideas, to add to my ever growing boards. :) If you haven't checked out Ashley's linky make sure to head over to her blog to link up and share your great Pinterest finds.


On Wednesday, my first day of summer break, the hubby & I took our little guy to A Day out with Thomas & he got to take a ride on the train with Thomas pulling it, then we went for a longer ride on the local train. 

My boys were tired after a long day with Thomas. In my hubs defense he did work a 12 hour night shift before we left, so the sleep he got in the car was all he got. Anything for our little guy though.


I had 3 days off this week & now Monday I get to start summer camp. This summer I'm working as a teacher/counselor at a summer enrichment camp. So I get to keep doing lesson plans this summer. :( Not the most exciting thing, though we do get to go on some good field trips.

I unfortunately still have not heard from the school that I did a demo lesson at last Thursday. They said they would let us know by the end of this week, but today was their last day of school. So we'll see if I hear something at the beginning of the week. I was really hoping that this week's #5 would be an exciting announcement. Maybe next week.

Can't wait to read about what you've been up to this week. Link up with Doodle Bugs and let us know.


Remember to come and follow me on Bloglovin, there's a Bloglovin button on my sidebar.


2 comments:

  1. Stephanie,
    Congrats on finishing the year. :-) My daughter would be SO jealous about Thomas the Train. I think she is watching that right now with my husband! LOL Good luck this summer with your summer camp. I'm sure being in the outdoors will be refreshing from being inside a classroom all year. Good luck on your announcement too!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Good luck with summer camp!

    Karen

    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!! And will respond to each one by e-mail, make sure that you have that option enabled. If it's set to noreply-comment, then I can't respond to your sweet comment. Check your settings today so you can receive my comment back. Thanks for the love!