Thursday, July 2, 2015

July Currently

I always feel like I'm late to this party and it's only the 2nd day of the month. Oh well, I'm here now linking up with Farley's July Currently.


Listening...
To the TV in the other room. I think The Chew is on right now, it's more background noise. I don't really like the house to be quiet, yet I don't like when my son gets loud and rowdy. That's weird. I like quiet but I don't.

Loving...
Today is my 5th wedding anniversary and my hubby actually has off from work. How did I get so lucky for the schedule to work out like that? He's an EMT/Paramedic so he works shift work on a rotating schedule & we don't always get this lucky.

Some pics of us the last 5 years
Thinking...
About what I should make for my family's 4th of July BBQ on the 5th. Here's my Sweets page on Pinterest. There's just so many choices I don't know what to go with. For Memorial Day I made a Chocolate Brownie Trifle, it was so good.

Wanting...
More time....summer school starts on Monday (see needing) & I'm excited for it, but I've kind of gotten spoiled these last 2 weeks, staying up late, getting to sleep till 8. Starting Monday back to bed at a reasonable time & up at 6:00, so I can get myself & my son ready to be dropped off with his grandparents.

Needing...
To finish getting myself together for summer school. I need to find some more resources, make copies, print & laminate centers, & finish making some centers. A corner in my office of the stuff I have to take to summer school, plus the stuff I've bought in the last few days. I need to sit down & reorganize it & make sure I have everything I need. Ugghhh...where did the last 2 weeks go? Why do I procrastinate so much?

All Star...
At first I put organizing, because I love to organize & re-organize, but let's face it it never stays that way, then as I'm writing this blog & wondering why I procrastinate so much, I realized I'm an All Star at working under pressure, when I'm racing the clock. I think I've come up with some of my best lessons or activities at the last minute or on the fly.

I can't wait to go through the linky & read about what everyone else is doing as we sit in the middle of summer on the brink of getting our bodies & minds in gear for another school year.

Have a happy and safe 4th!!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary and good luck getting ready for summer school! I agree, summer has flown by! And, that chocolate brownie trifle looks amazing! I may have to try it soon!

    Once Upon A First Grade Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your family BBQ! I'm sure it's going to be brilliant no matter what you choose to make in the end! Happy Anniversary, hope you've had a great day! Enjoy Summer School!

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! That is great you guys get to spend time together! Oh and can I come to your July 4th BBQ?! Haha Those sweets all look so tasty!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!! And will respond to each one by e-mail, make sure that you have that option enabled. If it's set to noreply-comment, then I can't respond to your sweet comment. Check your settings today so you can receive my comment back. Thanks for the love!