Friday, May 31, 2013

Five for Friday (5/31)

It's Friday & I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday linky party.
Here are my 5 randoms from this week:



I had my first sale on Tpt this week. Wahoo!!! I've had some of my free products downloaded, but I actually sold something this week. My addition and subtraction flashcards. I'm so excited that someone was able to use something that I made. 

Click on the pictures to check them out.


 



I'm going to Coach Bingo tonight. I'm super excited, 2 of my favorite things. Purses & playing Bingo. I really do love to play Bingo, but with my little guy I don't get to go as often as I'd like. Okay, I actually haven't gone since he was born (2 years ago).  

I had my interview yesterday & it was like something I've never experienced. It was like speed dating. I meet with the Supervisor of Special Services & she asked me a questions, then to the Assistant Principal and she asked me a question, then finally to the Principal & she asked me a question. And these were Teaching Interview 101 kinds of questions. Questions that I know how to answer, but I'm really beginning to think I don't interview well. I also had to respond in writing to how I would plan & conduct a guided reading lesson. I feel like the first question was fine, the second question was okay, but of course I thought of things to add after I left. By the time I talked to the Principal I feel like I was tripping over my words, making no sense. I was in tears before I even made it out of the town (I live in the next town over). I cried the whole way home & then cried again later in front of my husband. I'm just frustrated with myself, because if I could make it to the 2nd round, which is teaching a reading lesson to a group of 1st graders, I know I could do a great job. This is what I do everyday. Teaching reading to a small group of 1st graders. Then after that they choose some candidates to interview with elementary administration, then from their some people move on to meet with the Superintendent who makes his recommendation to the board. I've never experiences this type of process, I know it exist, but this is serious, whoever is offered this position completely deserves it after all of this. So now it's just a waiting game, they are suppose to let the candidates know the beginning of next week. Part of me is still hoping that I have a chance. I have amazing letters of recommendation from my Curriculum Supervisor, Principal, Mentor, & the classroom teacher that I do in-class support with. Sorry this part was so long. Moving along now.

12 more days of school & 5 are 1/2 days. Though I think all of next week I will be completing DRA's for 2nd graders. That's okay though, we're almost there. The end is near!!!


And finally, I'm loving these chevron numbers by Blair Turner over at One Lesson at a Time. These cute numbers are actually a freebie on her Facebook page. I found them when I went to download her cute chevron & striped borders from her Tpt store. If you haven't checked her out before, stop by her blog & check her out. Some great ideas happening over there!



I hope everyone has a good weekend!



8 comments:

  1. Coach bingo?!?! Sign me up - that sounds awesome! Love your super cute lil' numbers!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my first Coach bingo Molly. I'm super excited. I hear that if you don't like the one that you win you can exchange it at the store. I don't know how true that is, but we shall see. I just checked out your blog & I love it. I'm a new follower. I love your menu math activity.

      Stephanie
      PolkaDotPalace

      Delete
  2. Oh Stephanie - Reading your #3 just brought back memories for me! I feel for you with that whole process - it's so very stressful and not necessarily even reflective of how we'd really teach in class! Hang in there ... we've all been through it and we understand.
    Good luck!
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susanna. I'm trying to stay positive, but it's so difficult. I've never interviewed like the process that I saw yesterday & it took me by surprise a little. I want my own classroom so bad & I'm just about to the point of desperation. MY family & I need this & unfortunately right now relocating is not an option. So I'm trying to stay positive & believe that this will be my year.

      Stephanie

      Delete
  3. Coach bingo sounds amazing...have fun and be sure to post about it! :o) And that interview process...yikes! I am actually going on an interview myself on Tuesday for the first time in 6 years and hoping mine won't be like that. Good luck to you!
    Tara
    TeachingwithTWitte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coach Bingo was fun, a little pricey for my taste. I don't know if I'll be going to another one. Maybe I'll just stick to regular Bingo. Good luck with your interview. Let us know how it works out. I'm a new follower of yours.

      Stephanie

      Delete
  4. I can't believe what you have to go through now a days to get hired. If that principal is any good she'll remember her own start in teaching. I'll bet you interviewed better than you think and when you get to teach the lesson to the kids you'll wow them! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words & support Sandy. I'm hoping I did better than I think.

      Delete

I love reading your comments!!! And will respond to each one by e-mail, make sure that you have that option enabled. If it's set to noreply-comment, then I can't respond to your sweet comment. Check your settings today so you can receive my comment back. Thanks for the love!