1. Why did you start blogging?
I've been inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there & the great sense of community here. I wanted to share my journey and be inspired by others.
2. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
I love to teach math. As a kid I was h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e at math, but back then it was this is how you do it, now sit at your desk & solve these 50 problems, then do 50 more for homework. By the time I got home I couldn't remember how to do the problems. Even though my math (K-2) is not complicated, I love finding/coming up with ways for my littles to practice their facts or work with time and money in a fun and engaging way.
3. Describe your teaching style.
I am very much a small group, centers-based teacher, if that makes sense. I do very little whole group, except for mini-lessons & share time. Other than that my students are rotating through centers and a small group with me. I love that I can give a more individualized education to my students when they see me in small group & are reinforcing learned concepts at the different centers they visit.
4. Give three interesting facts about you.
- I love zombies. (That's actually more of a dirty little secret that only my family knows) I love zombie movies & shows. Yes, I do watch AMC's "The Walking Dead."
- I work with my former, 4th grade teacher, who was my favorite teacher in school & use to live on my street.
- My favorite genre of music on Pandora is 90's R&B
5. Do you have a TpT store?
Yes I do. Polka-Dot-Palace It's still very small, but I have a long list of things waiting to be created & am in the works of creating a place value activity to post next week. ;)